Commencement Speakers Announced: Albright, Barton, Clarkson, DePauw, Lasell, Lawrence, Monmouth, Mount Ida, Ohio Dominican, U. of Denver
April 3, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Albright College: Bob Garfield, co-host of NPR’s “On the Media."
- Barton College: Anita Brown-Graham, director of the Institute for Emerging Issues.
- Clarkson University: Steven Chu, Former U.S. secretary of energy (currently professor of physics and professor of molecular and cellular physiology at Stanford University), and Avery Bang, CEO of Bridges to Prosperity.
- DePauw University: Kal Penn, the actor.
- Lasell College: Joseph Abboud, the fashion designer.
- Lawrence University: Charles Gibson, former anchor of ABC’s “World News” and former co-anchor of “Good Morning, America.”
- Monmouth College: Paul Weisenfeld, vice president for Global Programs at RTI International, a North Carolina-based non-profit organization that conducts research on behalf of the U.S. Agency for International Development.
- Mount Ida College: U.S. Representative Joseph P. Kennedy III.
- Ohio Dominican University: The Rev. Wilson (Bill) Miscamble, professor of history at the University of Notre Dame.
- University of Denver: Harold Hongju Koh, Sterling Professor of International Law at Yale Law School; Donna Lynne, executive vice president of Kaiser Foundation Hospitals; and Linda Childears, president and CEO of the Daniels Fund.
Search for Jobs
New York, NY
Chula Vista, CA
Founded in 1965, UC Irvine combines the strengths of a major research university with the bounty of an incomparable Southern California location...
Williamsburg Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical College System, is a public, two-year, associate degree, diploma, and...