Commencement Speakers Announced: Bard, Bates, Campbellsville, Dominican U. of California, Elmhurst, Fairfield, Framingham State, Md. Inst. College of Art, Midway, RISD, Saint Xavier, Southern Vermont, U. of Montevallo, U. of North Carolina at Pembroke
April 24, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Bard College: U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leader in the House of Representatives.
- Bates College: Isabel Alexis Wilkerson, author of The Warmth of Other Suns.
- Campbellsville University: U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield of Kentucky.
- Dominican University of California: Jennifer Siebel Newsom, the filmmaker and actress.
- Elmhurst College: Richard Blomquist, the president of Blomquist Benefits.
- Fairfield University: Sharon M.K. Kugler, university chaplain at Yale University, and Mary Ann Christopher president and CEO of the Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
- Framingham State University: Massachusetts Secretary of Education Matthew Malone.
- Maryland Institute College of Art: James Turrell, a light and space artist, and Fred Wilson, a conceptual artist.
- Midway College: Donna Barton Brothers, the jockey, author and broadcaster.
- Rhode Island School of Art and Design: Bruce Mau, the co-founder of Massive Change Network, a consulting group focused on design.
- Saint Xavier University: Sister Lillian Murphy, CEO of Mercy Housing, and Barbara Byrd-Bennett, CEO of the Chicago Public Schools.
- Southern Vermont College: Jane Altes, former vice president for academic affairs and interim president of Empire State College, and Daniel B. Ginsberg, former assistant secretary of the Air Force for manpower and reserve affairs.
- University of Montevallo: Major General Frederick M. Padilla. director of operations with plans, policies and operations at Marine Headquarters in Arlington, Va.
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke: Air Force Brigadier General Allen J. Jamerson.
Search for Jobs
New York, NY
Chula Vista, CA
Established in 1830 as LaGrange College, the University of North Alabama has a rich history including the distinction of being the first state-...
Brooklyn College is an integral part of the civic, urban and artistic energy of New York and uses the entire city as a living classroom that broadens...