May 2, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Bard College at Simon’s Rock: Nina Perales, vice president of litigation for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- Endicott College: Anne Mosle, vice president of the Aspen Institute.
- Jacksonville University: Armen Keteyian, lead correspondent for “60 Minutes Sports."
- New School: Zadie Smith, the novelist.
- Pine Manor College: Barney Frank, the former U.S. representative.
- Saint John's University, in Minnesota: Kathleen Blatz, a former chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Shenandoah University: Ellyn Miller, executive director and co-founder of the Smashing Walnuts Foundation.
- Springfield College: G. Richard Olds, vice chancellor and founding dean of the School of Medicine at the University of California at Riverside.
- Thomas College: U.S. Senator Susan Collins of Maine.
- University of Hartford: Joe Torre, vice president for baseball operations of Major League Baseball.
- University of Puget Sound: Rachel Martin, host of National Public Radio’s "Weekend Edition" Sunday radio show.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Tim Reid, an actor, director and producer.
- Western New England University: Victoria Reggie Kennedy, co-founder of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate; Colonel Timothy P. Alben, colonel/superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police; Justice Andrew J. McDonald, associate justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading