May 2, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Bard College at Simon’s Rock: Nina Perales, vice president of litigation for the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- Endicott College: Anne Mosle, vice president of the Aspen Institute.
- Jacksonville University: Armen Keteyian, lead correspondent for “60 Minutes Sports."
- New School: Zadie Smith, the novelist.
- Pine Manor College: Barney Frank, the former U.S. representative.
- Saint John's University, in Minnesota: Kathleen Blatz, a former chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- Shenandoah University: Ellyn Miller, executive director and co-founder of the Smashing Walnuts Foundation.
- Springfield College: G. Richard Olds, vice chancellor and founding dean of the School of Medicine at the University of California at Riverside.
- Thomas College: U.S. Senator Susan Collins of Maine.
- University of Hartford: Joe Torre, vice president for baseball operations of Major League Baseball.
- University of Puget Sound: Rachel Martin, host of National Public Radio’s "Weekend Edition" Sunday radio show.
- Virginia Commonwealth University: Tim Reid, an actor, director and producer.
- Western New England University: Victoria Reggie Kennedy, co-founder of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate; Colonel Timothy P. Alben, colonel/superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police; Justice Andrew J. McDonald, associate justice of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading