May 16, 2014
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Arkansas State University: Russell D. Harrington, Jr., president and chief executive officer of Baptist Health.
- Barnard College: Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
- Beacon College: Patricia Latham, immediate past president of the Learning Disabilities Association of America.
- Buffalo State of the State University of New York: Evelyn S. Lieberman, director of communications and external affairs at the Smithsonian Institution; Arnold L. Mitchem, founder and president emeritus, Council for Opportunity in Education; and Valerie A. Logan, information sciences thought leader and former global vice president of strategy of the Information Management and Analytics Services Division of Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Carthage College: Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit.
- Catholic University of America: Philip Rivers, quarterback for the San Diego Chargers.
- College of Westchester: Beverly Tramontelli, retired senior vice president of General Reinsurance, and president of the College of Westchester Charitable Foundation.
- Grinnell College: Nancy Giles, a commentator on "CBS Sunday Morning."
- Hostos Community College of the City University of New York: New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, and Sheena Wright, president and CEO of United Way of New York City.
- John Carroll University: Deborah S. Delisle, U.S. assistant secretary for elementary and secondary education.
- Manhattan College: Dominick M. Servedio, executive chairman of STV Group, Inc., and Carolyn Y. Woo, president and CEO of Catholic Relief Services.
- Marquette University: Rev. James Martin, the Jesuit author.
- Mount Mercy University, in Iowa: Michael Kutcher, the motivational speaker.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading