April 30, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Carroll College: Jack Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and the Wilds.
- Concordia University Chicago: Jay W. Christopher, one of the founders of the Pampered Chef.
- Estrella Mountain Community College: Harold Branch, the poet.
- Hollins University: Reverend Cynthia L. Hale ’75, founding and senior pastor of Ray of Hope Christian Church, in Decatur, Ga.
- Jarvis Christian College: Andrew Young, the former mayor of Atlanta and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
- Maryland Institute College of Art: Robert Farris Thompson, the Colonel John Trumbull Professor of History of Art and African-American Studies at Yale University; and Rick Lowe, cofounder of Project Row Houses, a community-based arts and culture organization.
- McDaniel College: Victor McTeer, a civil rights lawyer.
- New York University: Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- Susquehanna University: Carol Leifer, the comedian, writer, producer and actress.
- Texas Tech University: Arcilia Acosta, president and CEO of CARCON Industries and Construction.
- University of La Verne: Eboo Patel, the interfaith leader.
- University of Maine at Farmington: Joan Benoit Samuelson, Olympic gold medalist and champion for women’s distance running.
- University of Maine at Presque Isle: J. Duke Albanese, a senior policy advisor for the Great Schools Partnership.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
What Others Are Reading