April 30, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Carroll College: Jack Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo and the Wilds.
- Concordia University Chicago: Jay W. Christopher, one of the founders of the Pampered Chef.
- Estrella Mountain Community College: Harold Branch, the poet.
- Hollins University: Reverend Cynthia L. Hale ’75, founding and senior pastor of Ray of Hope Christian Church, in Decatur, Ga.
- Jarvis Christian College: Andrew Young, the former mayor of Atlanta and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.
- Maryland Institute College of Art: Robert Farris Thompson, the Colonel John Trumbull Professor of History of Art and African-American Studies at Yale University; and Rick Lowe, cofounder of Project Row Houses, a community-based arts and culture organization.
- McDaniel College: Victor McTeer, a civil rights lawyer.
- New York University: Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
- Susquehanna University: Carol Leifer, the comedian, writer, producer and actress.
- Texas Tech University: Arcilia Acosta, president and CEO of CARCON Industries and Construction.
- University of La Verne: Eboo Patel, the interfaith leader.
- University of Maine at Farmington: Joan Benoit Samuelson, Olympic gold medalist and champion for women’s distance running.
- University of Maine at Presque Isle: J. Duke Albanese, a senior policy advisor for the Great Schools Partnership.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading