March 22, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Lesley University: Charles M. Payne, the Frank P. Hixon Distinguished Service Professor in the School of Social Service Administration at the University of Chicago; Molly Baldwin, the founder and CEO of Roca Inc., a Massachusetts-based nonprofit that disrupts “the cycle of incarceration and poverty by helping young people transform their lives”; Richard Blanco, the poet; and Nick Cave, the performance artist.
- Maryville College, in Tennessee: Many-Bears Grinder, commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Veterans Services.
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts: James C. Clemmer, a business executive and former interim president of the college.
- Saint Peter's University: France A. Córdova, director of the National Science Foundation.
- San Jose State University: Harry Edwards, the sociologist and civil rights activist.
- University of California at Berkeley: Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook and founder of LeanIn.org.
- University of North Texas at Dallas: Seema Yasmin, reporter at The Dallas Morning News and professor of public health at the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Widener University: Marty Moss-Coane, host and executive producer of WHYY’s Radio Times; and Michael Smerconish, host of his own radio show on SiriusXM and of CNN’s Smerconish.
- Williams College: Bryan Stevenson, founder of the Equal Justice Initiative.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading