April 27, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Centenary College, in New Jersey: Raymond W. Kelly, former commissioner of the New York City Police Department.
- Florida A&M University: John B. King Jr., U.S. secretary of education; and Adam H. Putnam, former U.S. representative and Florida commissioner of agriculture.
- High Point University: Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. secretary of state.
- Longwood University: Dan Balz, chief political correspondent at The Washington Post.
- Lycoming College: Rafael Moreno Valle, governor of the Mexican state of Puebla.
- Miami Dade College: Julián Castro, U.S. secretary of housing and urban development.
- Monmouth College: Jon Meacham, the historian.
- Muhlenberg College: Charles Ogletree, a professor of law at Harvard University.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology: Leonard Kleinrock, Distinguished Professor of Computer Science at UCLA and one of those whose research led to the development of the Internet.
- Salt Lake Community College: Gretchen W. McClain, a business leader and corporate board member.
- Suffolk University: Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts; and others.
- University of North Georgia: State Representative Lee Hawkins; State Senator Butch Miller; and others.
- University of St. Thomas, in Minnesota: U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota; and others.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading