May 2, 2016
The following colleges have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2016:
- Bellarmine University: The Reverend Joseph E. Kurtz, archbishop of Louisville, Ky.
- Clemson University: Jeffrey R. Immelt, chairman and CEO of GE.
- Dominican University of California: Eli Pariser, co-founder of the digital media company Upworthy.
- East Stroudsburg University: Carrie Hessler-Radelet, director of the Peace Corps.
- Furman University: W. Randy Eaddy, a member of the university's board.
- Georgia Institute of Technology: John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy; Mary Brock, co-owner of the Atlanta Dream; and Penny Pritzker, U.S. secretary of commerce.
- Holy Names University: Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of Network, a Catholic social justice lobby; and Terry Tumey, director of athletics, physical education and recreational services at three of the Claremont Colleges.
- Huntingdon College: Betsy O. Barefoot, senior scholar of the John N. Gardner Institute for Excellence in Undergraduate Education.
- Indiana Wesleyan University: Indiana Governor Mike Pence; and others.
- Jarvis Christian College: George E. Curry, editor-in-chief and publisher of EmergeNewsOnline.com.
- Manhattan College: Brother Robert Schieler, superior general of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools.
- Millikin University: Jennifer C. Friday, president and principal researcher of the Friday Consulting Group, a research and management consulting firm; and others.
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago: Tania Bruguera, the performance artist.
- Tuskegee University: Tyler Perry, the film actor, writer, director and producer.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading