April 18, 2017
- Bates College: Geoffrey Canada, president of the Harlem Children’s Zone.
- College of Saint Benedict: Corie Barry, chief financial officer and an executive vice president at Best Buy.
- Dillard University: Janelle Monáe, the singer and actress.
- Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis: Tamika Catchings, the basketball player.
- Nicholls State University: Jonathan Foret, Louisiana environmentalist and educator.
- Ohio State University: Abigail Wexner, a lawyer and philanthropist.
- Roberts Wesleyan College: Shirley V. Hoogstra, president of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- Saint John’s University, in Minnesota: Dan Whalen, president of the Whalen Family Foundation.
- San Francisco State University: Neda Nobari, the Iranian-American philanthropist.
- Springfield College: Richard H. Carmona, former U.S. surgeon general; and Massachusetts State Senator Gale D. Candaras.
- University of North Georgia: State Senator Renee Unterman; Steve Vande Loo, founder and owner of Advanced Beverage Concepts; and others.
- University of Pittsburgh: Larry J. Merlo, president and chief executive officer of CVS Health; and S. Epatha Merkerson, the actress.
- University of Redlands: Michael Lin, superintendent, Corona-Norco Unified School District; Kevin Eubanks, the jazz and fusion guitarist; and Randy Walker, vice president of BC Technical.
- Wells College: Pamela Lewis, founder and president of PLA Media in Nashville, Tenn.
Read more by
You may also be interested in...
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading