Michael Rao has been named president of Virginia Commonwealth University, which will be his fourth presidency. Rao is currently president of Central Michigan University, and previously led Montana State University-Northern and Mission College. E. Gordon Gee, of course, is the leader in presidencies, as his current run at Ohio State University (his second there) is his sixth presidency. But Rao could catch up -- he's 42, to Gee's 65.
- Scrutiny of Gordon Gee's Travel Expenses
- Ohio State President Gordon Gee retires amid controversy
- Gee's Ironclad Contract
- New Presidents or Provosts: Albion College, Indiana U., Loyola U. of Chicago, New Mexico State U.-Alamogordo, Saint Lawrence U., Texas Lutheran U.
- Quick Takes: Alleged Conflicts of Interest at Cambridge College, Call for Reform in Engineering, $2.5M for Dorm Death Suit, Big Bond Plan for Virginia, New Member for 5 Presidencies Club, Progress for New Jersey's Medical University
- Gee Will Make $5.8M in 5 Years as President Emeritus
- Peripatetic President
- New presidents provosts: Glen Oaks Imperial Mercy MSUN Nottingham Southeast Texas Tech Va Tech
Search for Jobs