Carrying signs with slogans like "Why was my friend shot?," students at Grand Valley State University held a protest Friday over the police shooting of an unarmed student in his off-campus apartment, The Grand Rapids Press reported. While police officers indicated that the student was shot in a drug raid, the student's family members and friends said he wasn't a drug dealer.
- After shooting by campus police officer, university reconsiders campus police force policies
- Prepping for the Empty Nest, Part 2
- 'Scoreboard, Baby'
- Should colleges' crime alerts include reference to the race of suspects?
- What Do Your Students Know?
- Long Distance Mom & Nick Coffman-Price: Breaking Bad—the teen years
- Presidents face scrutiny for involvement in events linked to police killings of black men
- Students, Guns and Politics
Search for Jobs