President Obama on Thursday nominated Gabriella Gomez, a senior education aide to the head of the House Education and Labor Committee, to serve as the Education Department's chief liaison to Congress. Gomez, senior education policy adviser to Rep. George Miller, worked as a lobbyist for the American Federation of Teachers before joining Miller's staff. As assistant secretary for legislation and Congressional affairs, she will be Education Secretary Arne Duncan's top advocate on Capitol Hill. She is well-respected within higher education.
- Breaking the Silence on Student Loans
- Arabic -- Advances and Constraints
- The Exodus Begins
- 'The Cattell Controversy'
- Accountability and Stimulus Science Funds
- James Franco Fares Better at Harvard Than UCLA
- Senate Approves Top Ed Dept. Lawyer, Punts on Pick for Higher Ed Post
- Obama Nominates Advocacy Group Official to Federal Higher Ed Post
Search for Jobs