- Quick Takes: $50M Gift for Community College Students, U.S. Plans for Last Resort Student Loans, Layoffs at Florida, Voting vs. Finals
- Quick Takes: Northwestern Suspends Women's Soccer, Value of Open Access, New Duke Indictment, $50M for UT-Austin, New England Floods, End of the 'Cocktail Party'?
- Quick Takes: Charges Against Rider Officials to Be Dropped, College Board Paid to Be Preferred Lender, Abandoning Alma Mater, Scrutiny for Law Schools, Attack in Colorado, Aid in Canada, Study of Loan Auction, $50M for Med School
- Quick Takes: Dispute in Drug Overdose, Allegations Roil Cincinnati Athletics, RIAA's Hit Parade, Radford Provost Ousted, Penn Considers Screening Job Applicants, Illiniwek's Last Dance, $50M for Public Health at Carolina
- Australian financier gives $50M for scholarships, challenges his peers
Texas lawmakers are questioning the authority under which Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican, moved funds from one state fund to another so that the latter fund could award a $50 million grant to Texas A&M University for a new research facility on drug treatments and vaccines, The Dallas Morning News reported. Legislators aren't questioning the potential value of the research at Texas A&M, but the process by which Perry moved the funds away from an account that is supposed to be used to close deals to bring new businesses to Texas. The governor's office maintains that there was nothing inappropriate about the transfer. Texas A&M is the governor's alma mater.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories