C.D. Mote Jr., president of the University of Maryland at College Park, has decided that the institution will keep a two-minute prayer at graduation ceremonies. The Baltimore Sun reported that the University Senate -- which has student, faculty and staff members -- voted this week to recommend that the university end the prayer, saying that it was not inclusive. But Mote, in a statement, said that "for many people, a prayer of gratitude and a moment of reflection are an important part of our commencement tradition."
- How to Rebuild America
- A Special Relationship
- Writing a Cover Letter for a Community College Job
- A Victory or Hype on Graduation Prayer?
- Ward Churchill Redux?
- A Presidential Critic, Fired
- Accreditor Eyes Course Outsourcing
- New Programs: Women's Leadership, Health Information, Robotics, Online Teaching
Search for Jobs