- History, But No Smoking Gun
- Falling Behind in International Education
- Academic-FBI Rapprochement
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Quick Takes: 2 Central Ark. Students Killed and 2 Ball State Students Shot in Legs, Neuroscience as Target of Anti-Evolution Lobby, End to Male-Only Class, Drunk Driving Ends Presidency, Anthropology Ethics, Trip to Iran, 40 Years Later at SF State
C.D. Mote Jr., president of the University of Maryland at College Park, has decided that the institution will keep a two-minute prayer at graduation ceremonies. The Baltimore Sun reported that the University Senate -- which has student, faculty and staff members -- voted this week to recommend that the university end the prayer, saying that it was not inclusive. But Mote, in a statement, said that "for many people, a prayer of gratitude and a moment of reflection are an important part of our commencement tradition."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories