C.D. Mote Jr., president of the University of Maryland at College Park, has decided that the institution will keep a two-minute prayer at graduation ceremonies. The Baltimore Sun reported that the University Senate -- which has student, faculty and staff members -- voted this week to recommend that the university end the prayer, saying that it was not inclusive. But Mote, in a statement, said that "for many people, a prayer of gratitude and a moment of reflection are an important part of our commencement tradition."
- History, But No Smoking Gun
- Falling Behind in International Education
- Academic-FBI Rapprochement
- Quick Takes: 2 Central Ark. Students Killed and 2 Ball State Students Shot in Legs, Neuroscience as Target of Anti-Evolution Lobby, End to Male-Only Class, Drunk Driving Ends Presidency, Anthropology Ethics, Trip to Iran, 40 Years Later at SF State
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories