Free Exchange on Campus has released a detailed critique of David Horowitz's new book, One Party Classroom, which identifies what Horowitz considers the 150 worst courses in the United States. As with previous Horowitz writing, much of the book is focused on previous writing by Horowitz and a review of course syllabuses. Horowitz has acknowledged not actually reviewing the courses in question. Free Exchange on Campus said that its review of the book found "inaccurate copies of courses descriptions," reading lists that have been distorted, and "misrepresentations" of faculty members' credentials. The document reviews Horowitz's book, section by section. Jacob Laksin, who co-wrote the book with Horowitz, said via e-mail that that Free Exchange released "a crude political attack masquerading as analysis. " He said that the courses in his book were selected because "the widespread abdication of standards in higher education they represent, are indeed indefensible."
- David Horowitz vs. Women's Studies
- Fact-Checking David Horowitz
- Communicating About David Horowitz
- David Horowitz Does the MLA
- Saint Louis U. Blocks David Horowitz Event
- David Horowitz Has a List
- Quick Takes: Duke President Apologizes, Harassment Case Divides Northeastern Ill., Study Abroad Economics, Michigan State in Dubai, Hawaii Moves Ahead With Lab, Racism or Playing Race Card?
- Who Won the Battle of Pennsylvania?
Search for Jobs