Some professors at Florida International University are planning to hand deliver a copy of the university's sexual harassment policy to Isiah Thomas as basketball coach, The New York Times reported. Thomas was at the center of a sexual harassment suit in which a federal jury awarded $11 million, and professors are raising questions about the message the university is sending about harassment by hiring him. Giving Thomas a copy of the harassment rules would be a "constructive rather than destructive way" to deal with the concerns, one professor said.
- North Carolina and Coach Settle Sexual Harassment Suit
- Weighing the Reach of a Title IX Ruling
- At U. of Georgia, Furor Over Clarence Thomas
- Quick Takes: Jury Awards $19M to Former Fresno Coach, Woods Hole Sued by Anti-Evolution Biologist, Poll on Immigrant Tuition, Students Without Mumps Shots Banned, Speech Codes, Grawemeyer in Religion
- Ask the Administrator: The Most Effective Faculty Protest
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories