Hundreds of scientists and their supporters held a rally at the University of California at Los Angeles to back the right of researchers to use animals in their studies and to oppose increasingly violent attacks on professors, the Los Angeles Times reported. While many scientists have been angry at the tactics of the more extreme parts of the animal rights movement, the UCLA protest was an unusually public response. About 40 critics of animal research held a rally on the same day.
- Activist pressure drives scientist out of research
- After Attacks on Researchers, Caution and Steadfastness
- Push to Protect Researchers From Attacks
- Going on the Offensive Against Animal 'Liberationists'
- Animal Rights and 'Eco-Terrorism'
- Fighting Back Against Extremists
- California Passes Law Protecting Animal Researchers
- UCLA produces statement designed to protect faculty from inappropriate open records requests
Search for Jobs