The anonymous donor is back -- this time with $10 million for Michigan State University, most of which will be designated for financial aid. The donation appears to be part of a pattern, first reported by the Associated Press, of institutions led by female presidents receiving seven-figure gifts on the condition that most of the money be used for financial aid and that the universities not attempt to identify the donor.
- More Mystery Gifts
- Searching for Cash Overseas
- Perpetual endowments can thwart colleges' educational and charitable goals (essay)
- Colleges worry over proposed changes to charitable deduction
- Quick Takes: Faust Didn't Say It, Questions on Colorado Choice, Slippage at Sallie Mae, Charleston Southern Settles Suit, Reforming Higher Ed in Middle East, $5M Surprise for Temple U.
- Shifting Focus
- Renaming of NYU's engineering school after donors irks some students and faculty
- 2014 is record year for higher ed donations
Search for Jobs