Susan Kelly has left the presidency of Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, a Los Angeles institution known for its programs to educate minority and disadvantaged students in the health sciences. The Los Angeles Wave reported that Kelly was ousted amid growing criticism of the university's financial condition and the administration's response to budget problems. In February, the university announced plans to cut 10 percent of faculty and staff positions.
- New Programs: Education, Urban Public Health, International Law, Science and Business
- Quick Takes: Calif. Budget Deal, File Sharing From Dell and Napster, Double Billing at N.J. Medical College, Resignations at Charles Drew
- New Presidents or Provosts: Charles R. Drew U. of Medicine and Science, Chattahoochee Valley CC, City College of New York, College of the Holy Cross, Doane College, Gadsden State CC, Macon State College, U. of Kentucky
- Quick Takes: Temporary U.S. Postsecondary Chief, Layoffs at Charles Drew, Gaza Protests in US and UK
- Quick Takes: Another Scholar Barred From U.S., Latest on Irvine Scandal, Uninviting Summers, Paying Commission on Foreign Students, Unreported Lab Incidents, New Cartoon Furor, MassBay Tensions, Paperless Aid Applications, Katrina Recovery Funds
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories