Susan Kelly has left the presidency of Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, a Los Angeles institution known for its programs to educate minority and disadvantaged students in the health sciences. The Los Angeles Wave reported that Kelly was ousted amid growing criticism of the university's financial condition and the administration's response to budget problems. In February, the university announced plans to cut 10 percent of faculty and staff positions.
- Will Financial Crisis Starve Academic Innovation?
- When To Call a Flu Day
- Going After a Scholar's Critic
- Silencing a Staff Voice
- Mystery Donor Heads North
- New Programs: Leadership, Career Colleges, Environmental Science, Law and Aging, Arts Education, Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Bishop Says Speaker at Catholic College Not Pro-Life Enough
- Early Admission From Waiting List
Search for Jobs