Graduate teaching assistants have voted to unionize, in locals affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers, at Central Michigan University and Florida State University. (The latter unit is also affiliated with the National Education Association.) The votes were overwhelming at both campuses: 152-21 at Central Michigan and 448-140 at Florida State. At Central Michigan, the vote followed lobbying by the university against the union, and a push back by union leaders -- backed by state politicians.
- A Battle for the Sea (Grant)
- All Campuses of Hebrew Union College May Survive
- Judge Backs U. of Colorado Ban on Concealed Weapons
- Not So Warm Welcome for New York Private College Chief
- Spending Endowment Income in Today's Climate
- 'Higher Education on the Move'
- Poking Fun at Community Colleges
- The Sale of Waldorf
Search for Jobs