Intercollegiate athletics, dormant at Roosevelt University for 20 years, will return. The university on Thursday announced a plan to create a minimum of 12 teams over the next five years, with the first squads competing in 2010. The university will not offer athletic scholarships. Students pushed for the return of athletics. While Roosevelt is best known for having nontraditional older students, in recent years it has been enrolling more full-time, traditional age undergraduates.
- Athletic Revival
- March Badness
- Getting Faculty Off The Sidelines
- NCAA Panel Disses the Faculty
- Aiming Too High
- Ralph Nader and 'Pay for Play'
- Universities spend more on athletics per athlete than on academics per student, report finds
- College sports would be better reformed through federal regulation than lawsuits (essay)
Search for Jobs