Just after the last diploma was presented Saturday at the commencement of Green Mountain College, a small group of students streaked across the stage, with bandanas or masks as their only clothing, The Rutland Herald reported. While audience members -- especially trustees on stage who received the best views -- appeared surprised, the newspaper suggests that perhaps they should not have been. Streakers appeared last year so it appears that this may be a tradition in the making. A college spokesman told the newspaper: "Well, freedom of expression is part of a college experience.... What we are really concerned with is teaching the sorts of values spoken about today like environmental sustainability and that's something our students take very seriously."
- Gay in the Academy
- What We Want to Hear at Commencement
- Did Bill O'Reilly Doom a Tenure Bid?
- Budget Cut or Logical Inevitability?
- Was Maine Warned That Coach Posed a Danger?
- Obama at Notre Dame
- 'No Good Options'
- New Presidents or Provosts: Chicago State U., Davenport U., Hostos CC, Pittsburg State U., Sarah Lawrence College, South Dakota State U., Stetson U.
Search for Jobs