The former girlfriend of Mike Burden -- until recently associate head coach of the University of Maine men's basketball team -- says she warned the university that he posed a danger unless he received counseling, The Bangor Daily News reported. Burden resigned last week after being charged with unlawful sexual conduct with one woman and assault against another who was trying to help the first woman. The coach's former girlfriend posted her story as a comment on the newspaper's story about the charges that were issued against Burden. A university spokesman confirmed that the letter had been received and said that Burden's supervisors discussed it with him, but declined to discuss whether any actions were taken as a result of the letter.
- Gay in the Academy
- New Presidents or Provosts: Chicago State U., Davenport U., Hostos CC, Pittsburg State U., Sarah Lawrence College, South Dakota State U., Stetson U.
- UCLA and Student Who Was Tasered Settle Suit
- What We Want to Hear at Commencement
- Budget Cut or Logical Inevitability?
- Obama at Notre Dame
- 'Becoming Historians'
- Did Bill O'Reilly Doom a Tenure Bid?
Search for Jobs