Career Education Corp. announced Monday that its American Intercontinental University subsidiary, which had regained approved status from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools after two years on probation, has been granted initial accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, another regional accreditor. Despite its battles with the Southern accrediting association, American Intercontinental said it had made the switch because more of its students are served by its online operation, which is based in the North Central accreditor's geographic region.
- Southern Accreditor Puts 2 on Probation
- Quick Takes: No Confidence in Iowa Regents, Wash. State Dispute, Honoring Cop Killer, Harvard Panel Withdraws Religion Plan, Purdue Rejects Demands, Influence of Bill Gates, Probation for American InterContinental, Community College Grants, UCLA Hacking
- Accrediting Ups and Downs
- Scrutiny for an Accreditor
- University of Phoenix faces possible probation by accreditor
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories