The Justice Department's antitrust division is investigating the purchase by Blackboard of Angel Learning, one of its rivals in the course management industry. Such inquiries do not mean that the government plans to challenge the purchase, only that it is conducting an investigation. Blackboard revealed the inquiry in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, in which it indicated that it is cooperating with requests for information.
- Quick Takes: Accreditors Balk at Education Dept. Reviews, Virginia Provost Expected to Be Named UCLA Chancellor, Vice Chancellor Charged With Embezzlement, Alaska Christian Regains U.S. Funds, Florida A
- Education Dept. Choice: Narrow or Broad?
- Quick Takes: Education Dept. Study Backs Program Administration Wants to Kill, Security Glitch in Loan Database, Survey Suggests SAT Scores Didn't Fall, Boston Backs Off Lab Rules, Fields Medal Rejected, Student Editor Apologizes, USC Sues Over Hospital
- Quick Takes: Part-Time Enrollment Gap in California, Education Dept. Urged to Review Paperwork Burden, Students Seek Seat at Summit, Mich. Budget Fight, No Penalties in Hamas Flag Protest, Iowa Faculty Exodus, Wiley Buys Anker, Exporting Honor Code Idea
- Quick Takes: Rhetoric and Protest at Columbia, Education Dept. Unveils College Search Site, Genius Grants, What the CDC Missed, Berry Settles Rape Suit, Freshman Charged in Shootings, Student Satisfaction Gaps, Campus Visits, ACC Impact
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories