Non-tenure track faculty members at Michigan State University have voted to unionize, 240-113. The new bargaining unit, affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers, will cover both full-time and part-time professors who are off the tenure track.
- Moving to 'Conversion'
- Organizing harder but possible in states without collective bargaining agreements
- For Adjuncts, Progress and Complexities
- AAUP report stresses need for adjunct involvement in governance
- The Union Impact and Non-Impact
- What Part-Timers Want
- Adjunct union contracts ensure real gains including better pay
- Essay on the many ways higher education holds back those off the tenure track
Search for Jobs