- Quick Takes: Harvard's Shortlist, Anti-Gay Slurs on Dead Pledge, Layoffs at Southern Oregon, Undercover Applicants to Britain, Court Grants Immunity to Miami U. Officers, Jaywalking Arrest Investigated
- Quick Takes: Michigan Universities Seek Delay on Prop 2, Clarion Drops 3 Men's Teams, Fraternity Arsenal, What Students Want, Sudden Exit at Riverside City College, Beating the Regulators, Spellings Trips in Dance Assessment
- Essay on the many ways higher education holds back those off the tenure track
- Quick Takes: $50M Gift for Community College Students, U.S. Plans for Last Resort Student Loans, Layoffs at Florida, Voting vs. Finals
- Quick Takes: Layoffs at Xavier U. of La., Georgia Press Withdraws Short Story Collection, Seton Hall Demotes Assistant Dean for Criticizing Church's Anti-Gay Stance, Jail Terms in Chico Hazing Death, Anti-Gay Comment Divides Duquesne
Layoffs and job eliminations continue to grow. Northland College, in Wisconsin, announced that 13 faculty and staff members were losing their positions. The faculty jobs eliminated involve five non-tenured professors, who will not have their contracts renewed after the coming academic year, The Daily Press reported. The University of Redlands announced layoffs of 29 non-teaching employees, and a pay freeze for all employees, The Press-Enterprise reported. Officials cited declines in endowment value and in gifts.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories