Layoffs and job eliminations continue to grow. Northland College, in Wisconsin, announced that 13 faculty and staff members were losing their positions. The faculty jobs eliminated involve five non-tenured professors, who will not have their contracts renewed after the coming academic year, The Daily Press reported. The University of Redlands announced layoffs of 29 non-teaching employees, and a pay freeze for all employees, The Press-Enterprise reported. Officials cited declines in endowment value and in gifts.
- Quick Takes: Michigan Universities Seek Delay on Prop 2, Clarion Drops 3 Men's Teams, Fraternity Arsenal, What Students Want, Sudden Exit at Riverside City College, Beating the Regulators, Spellings Trips in Dance Assessment
- Quick Takes: Harvard's Shortlist, Anti-Gay Slurs on Dead Pledge, Layoffs at Southern Oregon, Undercover Applicants to Britain, Court Grants Immunity to Miami U. Officers, Jaywalking Arrest Investigated
- Essay on the many ways higher education holds back those off the tenure track
- Quick Takes: Wish Lists for Obama, Maryland Furloughs, Arrest Shakes Boards, Suit on Social Work, Loma Linda and Atlantic Union May Merge, Fingerprint Fracas, Beacon Becomes Seminary, Tree-Sit Ends, Legal Dispute in Israel, 'Leveraging Excellence' Award
- Quick Takes: Labor Leader for Labor College, Expansion Disputes, Kaplan Expands in China, Penn Prof Pleads Guilty, Med School Ends Use of Live Dogs, Uproar at Oxford, Transgender Homecoming King
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories