The Education Department on Monday announced the appointment of William J. Taggart as chief operating officer of the agency's federal student aid office. The aid office was the federal government's first "performance based organization," which gives it more flexibility than most units in the department, as well as accountability measures. Taggart has 24 years of business management experience, most recently as president and chief executive officer of Veritas One Consulting, based in North Carolina.
- Getting Past 'Accountability'
- (Somewhat) Family Friendlier
- A Tradeoff Worth Making
- Newly Tenured ... at California Lutheran, Coastal Carolina, Northwestern (Iowa)
- Not So Politically Incorrect
- An Ethics First
- Education Dept. Taps Runcie to Head Federal Student Aid Office
- Education Dept. Praises Financial Aid Officers for Loan Switchover
Search for Jobs