Education organizations received $40.9 billion in donations in 2008, down about 5.5 percent from the previous year, according to "Giving USA," an annual report on charitable giving. Donations to all charitable organizations were down from individuals (always the largest source of gifts), bequests, corporations and foundations. For most colleges, these national figures will come as no surprise.
- Quick Takes: Gifts to Education Up 9.8%, Anger on DePaul Tenure Cases, Alumni Fury at Antioch, Strike Looms in Pa., New Mex. State Settles With Muslims, Miss. Valley President Quits, Minn. and Wis. Resolve Dispute, Trent Rejects Sports Scholarships
- Quick Takes: Charitable Giving Up 3.9%, Texas Debates Alternative Certification, Proposal for Free Community Colleges, New Visa Category, Journalism Schools and New Media, Final TEACH Rules, Veterans' Aid, 4-Day Weeks, Advocate for Deaf Computer Science
- Giving: Up, but Going Down
- Giving to colleges grew 8.2 percent in 2011
- Private Giving to Colleges Soars
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories