Faculty leaders at Florida Atlantic University are protesting a planned reorganization of the engineering college that will result in the layoffs of five tenured professors, The Palm Beach Post reported. The university says that there are educational and financial reasons to make the changes. But professors say that the reorganization is an excuse to get rid of tenured professors who would otherwise be protected from layoffs.
- Faculty accuse Wayne State of trying to kill tenure rights
- Turmoil Over 70 Faculty Layoffs at Clark Atlanta
- Layoffs Without 'Financial Exigency'
- Fight over layoffs at University of Southern Maine boils over
- South Texas faculty members worry about lack of rights as two universities are combined
- Quick Takes: Why Students Lean Left, Reforms Pledged of Rutgers Athletics, Shooting Death at Northeast Lakeview, NIH Oversight of Emory, Gay Rights Supporters Arrested at Palm Beach Atlantic, SUNY Students Want to Pay More, From Hopkins to Salk Institute
- Going to Bat for Tenure
- Library Limbo
Search for Jobs