A new report, "Setting Up Success in Developmental Education," explores how state policies influence the chances of getting more students into college-level work at community colleges. The report, released Tuesday by Jobs for the Future, looks in details at approaches in 15 states, focusing on four issues: how to align standards to minimize the need for remedial work, how to assess students and place them in courses, how to evaluate innovations, and how to use incentives in measuring performance.
- Advice for U.S. on Accreditation
- New Programs: Community Health, Higher Education Administration, Nanoscale Science, Game Design
- 'Knowledge in the Blood'
- Recession? Valet Parking Arrives
- DOD Policy on Transferring GI Bill Benefits
- AAUP Deplores Violence in Iran
- Simplifying in Stages
- Fifty Years After Stonewall
Search for Jobs