The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education has released the latest AASHE Digest, a 356-page report that compiles campus news on sustainability in 2008. Among AASHE's findings are that, in the last year, more than 66 sustainability-focused academic programs were created, at least 13 sustainability-themed research centers were opened and plans for 33 more were announced, and more than 130 green buildings were planned, started, opened or awarded LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification. The Digest chronicles progress in the United States and Canada.
- FAFSA, the Perfect, and the Good
- 700 Colleges Tied the Yellow Ribbon
- Med School 'Senioritis'
- No Charges, No End in E-Mail Fight
- Shift for Academic Publisher
- Senate Panel Approves Spending Bill for Science Programs
- GI Bill Benefits for the Children of Fallen Soldiers
- International Campaign Against Diploma Mills
Search for Jobs