Two University of Arizona graduate students and another researcher were arrested in Brazil, and then freed on bail, on charges of illegally prospecting for minerals, the Associated Press reported. A university spokesman said that the students were in geoscience and were conducting research on climate and environmental change.
- Gas drilling research stirs controversies at universities
- Electing 'the Worst' at Penn State
- The preacher's wife
- Chinese students lead increase in international graduate school applications
- Some students in Brazil's study abroad program are being sent back
- At Colleges, the Environment is Hot
- Far Away Trial
- Does academic freedom mean researchers need not reveal their funding sources?
Search for Jobs