- Pushing for Job Conversions
- New Push for Full-Time Faculty Jobs
- Faculty groups in California disagree on whether a proposed overload law would limit the practice or promote it
- Breadth of Adjunct Use and Abuse
- Quick Takes: Louisiana Alters Management of 2-Year System, Bill to Alter Tenure Fails in Colorado, Va. Push on Textbook Costs, Blackface Debate at Purchase, $70M in Overbilling, Limits Urged on Cheerleading Stunts, AMA Releases Data on Spring Break
The Oregon Senate and House have now passed (with gubernatorial approval expected) legislation to codify principles of the Faculty and College Excellence Campaign of the American Federation of Teachers, which aims to improve the working conditions of faculty members and to push colleges to hire more tenure-track professors. Under the Oregon legislation, public colleges and universities will be required to report on the make-up of their faculties -- something faculty groups say is essential for drawing attention to and changing hiring patterns. Further, some part timers will be able to gain eligibility for health insurance based on work at multiple colleges, not just one.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories