Tensions are growing between Bruce Leslie, chancellor of the Alamo Colleges, and faculty members at the five colleges in the San Antonio area that are in the community college district, The San Antonio Express-News reported. While Leslie has pushed for more collaboration and consistency in the district, professors have complained about a lack of consultation and a loss of autonomy for individual colleges. Some professors are organizing to oppose the re-election of trustees who back Leslie.
- Faculty at Alamo Colleges gird for battle on tenure
- Identity Crisis
- Two-year transfers are finding not all of their credits go with them
- Separate But Equal?
- Faculty object to plan to replace humanities requirement with self-help course
- New Form of Adjunct Abuse
- Faculty members at Alamo Colleges say they're not consulted on curricular decisions
- Accreditor looking into '7 Habits' course at Alamo Colleges
Search for Jobs