The largest donor in the history of Florida Atlantic University has told the institution that he cannot fulfill a $16 million pledge he made in 2007, and that he will pay $1 million more (on top of $4 million he has already provided) to bring his total gift to $5 million, the Sun-Sentinel reported. The donor, Barry Kaye, who made his fortune in insurance, cited the economic downturn as the reason for reneging on the gift, and asked that his name be taken off the university's business school.
- Send in the Wolf
- The Equal Opportunity Library
- Green ideas: campus environmental strategies
- After Protest, Prison Company Won't Sponsor Florida Atlantic Stadium
- What to Do with Big Bad Industry?
- A Plan for College of Santa Fe Campus
- Controversy Over Star Professors at Florida Atlantic
- Sports and Sustainability
Search for Jobs