The state panel studying a scandal in which trustees and others sought admission for politically connected applicants is calling for the ouster of all gubernatorial appointed trustees, but is not seeking the ouster of top administrators who were involved, the Chicago Tribune reported. At the same time, the final report being prepared by the panel will include harsh evaluations of President B. Joseph White and the Urbana-Champaign Chancellor Richard Herman, which could be used by trustees in the future to take action against them. The university is not commenting until the release of the final report.
- Foxes Guard Illinois Henhouse
- Damning Report on Illinois Scandal
- Illinois legislators scrutinize college executives' pay and exit packages
- Blago-Style Admissions
- Oh Governor, Where Art Thou?
- 'Fundamentally Inconsistent' With University Values
- 2 Wins for Illinois Professors
- AAUP slams U of Illinois handling of Steven Salaita case
Search for Jobs