Providence College is going to the Rhode Island Supreme Court to appeal an order that the college turn over documents related to the 2002 death of 19-year-old student who slipped off of a dormitory rooftop, The Providence Journal reported. A judge had ordered release of the documents as part of a wrongful death suit by the student's father. But the college's appeal says that to do so would create problems in much corporate litigation and would endanger principles of lawyer-client privilege.
- BP and Academic Freedom
- Out With the Old at American U.
- Counseling Crisis
- Not So Free to Roam
- Quick Takes: More Money for Female Athletes at Cincinnati, College Readiness Report, Police Search at U. of Md. Upheld, Spring Break in Wal-Mart
- Court Strikes Down 'Overbroad' Harassment Policy
- University and student settle lawsuit over requirement on counseling gay people
- The Long (and Open?) View on Blackboard
Search for Jobs