- Contract renewal for adjunct with criminal past raises academic freedom concerns at Illinois
- Illinois law will restrict universities' use of search firms
- The Academy That Didn't Go Away
- U. Illinois board receives report recommending reappointment of ex-convict
- U. Illinois board votes 'No' on Salaita appointment
The University of Illinois is eliminating the jobs of most staff members of its Global Campus, an ambitious and controversial effort to create a major distance education unit, functioning largely independently of the university's campuses and their faculties, The News-Gazette reported. A new distance education effort is being planned in its place. The Global Campus has been a source of concern to faculty members from the start, as many said it was created without adequate academic oversight by professors.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories