Two former members of the Texas Tech University Board of Regents say Gov. Rick Perry pressured them to quit after they endorsed Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's Republican primary challenge to his re-election, The Austin American-Statesman reported. One of the regents did quit. The other -- who didn't -- wasn't reappointed when her term ended. The governor's office said it was unaware of any pressure being placed on regents.
- Job Market Realities
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- Is U. of Texas at Austin president being forced out?
- UT system's $10 million investment in MyEdu sparks controversy
- U. of Texas Regents Eliminate Controversial Post
- U. of Texas at Austin leader won't be forced out immediately
- Are U. of Texas Regents Again Gunning for Bill Powers?
- Experiment in the Health Sciences
Search for Jobs