Two former members of the Texas Tech University Board of Regents say Gov. Rick Perry pressured them to quit after they endorsed Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison's Republican primary challenge to his re-election, The Austin American-Statesman reported. One of the regents did quit. The other -- who didn't -- wasn't reappointed when her term ended. The governor's office said it was unaware of any pressure being placed on regents.
- Is U. of Texas at Austin president being forced out?
- U of Texas political tensions to come to a head in legislative hearings this spring
- U. of Texas at Austin leader won't be forced out immediately
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Hampden-Sydney, Mt. Aloysius, Regent, Sarah Lawrence, U. of Texas at Austin
- UT system's $10 million investment in MyEdu sparks controversy
- Politics as Usual?
- Reign of the Politician-Chancellor
- Texans and Their Tests
Search for Jobs