What's a pig? A student with H1N1. A pig in a blanket? That's a sick student staying home in bed. And the farm is the pig's parents' home. These definitions are part of an unusual H1N1 glossary produced at Johns Hopkins University to promote discussion of H1N1 and to have a chuckle as well. Some of the other definitions:
- Sleeze: to sneeze properly (into one’s sleeve) when a tissue isn’t handy.
- Boar War: An all-out on-campus effort to prevent the spread of H1N1.
- Bacon: What a pig experiencing an H1N1 fever feels like, i.e., fried. (Usage: Doctor: “Pig, how are you feeling today?” Pig: “Like bacon, doc.”)
- Hog tide: Alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- The Flu Waiting Game
- 2 Student Deaths Linked to H1N1
- Quick Takes: Insurance Refunds, Community College Formula Fairness, Pork Barrel Expands, More Woes for Indiana Athletics, Sign of Change for WVU, Reforming Adult Education, Elusive Pig
- Impact on the Healthy
- Quick Takes: Columbia Expansion Approved, New Suit by Christian Group, Haverford and Tufts End Loans, Michigan Raids SUNY, Tensions at St. Cloud State, Profs on Drugs, Toronto Kills Its 'Animal House'
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories