Seventy-one percent of admissions officers report that those in their offices have received Facebook or MySpace "friend requests" from applicants, according to a survey released Thursday by Kaplan Test Prep. Admissions officers at professional schools were also surveyed -- and they too reported being friended by applicants, but at lower rates: 50 percent at business schools, 48 percent at law schools and 31 percent at medical schools.
- NACAC's annual report on the state of admissions runs counter to much of the hype
- Former Penn admissions officer derided applicants on Facebook
- The Push to Get In
- Test Prep, to What End?
- The Teaching Science Professor
- Study Abroad Policies and Practices
- New report casts doubt on rigor of teacher prep programs
- Mixed Messages on Early Decision
Search for Jobs