Michael Pollan, an expert on sustainable food and a target of many in the traditional food industry, will not be giving a solo lecture at California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, but will instead participate in a panel discussion -- along with a meat-science expert -- to keep a donor happy. The Los Angeles Times reported that the change of plans followed a threat by a donor to call off a $150,000 pledge for a new meat processing plant on the campus.
- 'Stumbling Blocks' to a Saudi Collaboration
- New presidents provosts: Bowling Green Joliet MSPP Northampton SUNYIT Missouri
- Two companies give faculty more control of online courses
- New presidents provosts Baruch Emory & Henry Keene State Lamar LSU National Hispanic N.C. Wesleyan NYU Poly
- Quick Takes: Judge Backs Expelled Student, Hawaii Governor Ordered to Appoint New Regents, Campus Faces 2 Student Deaths in a Week, Harvard's $600M Bond Issue, Education Secretary Speculation, Graweymer in Religion
- Global Warming 'Teach-In'
- New Academic Programs: History, Law, Health, IT Security, Sustainability
- New Presidents or Provosts: California Polytechnic State U., Contra Costa College, Gateway Community
Search for Jobs