Three professors at Southwestern College who were suspended following a protest against the administration at the California community college are back in class. The suspensions -- which the college denied were suspensions -- angered many faculty and student groups at the college. The administration did not respond to requests for clarification about the suspensions or their apparent end, but a blog sympathetic to the professors said that they had been given letters of reprimand over the protest, and that many faculty members believe the letters to be inappropriate.
- Can Free Speech Be Furloughed?
- Lost Academic Freedom
- Ohio court asks university to give back pay to professor who made shooting reference
- When Is a Suspension Not a Suspension?
- College Flunks Professor Over Test
- Experts and activists question use of pepper spray at Davis
- Faculty panel backs professor in dispute over porn documentary
- British university backs down on suspension for sighing and irony
Search for Jobs