The Iranian government is condemning the University of Oxford for creating a scholarship in memory of an Iranian woman who was killed in the post-election protests in the country, Bloomberg reported. A letter from Iran's embassy in Britain said that "the involvement of the university in Iran’s internal affairs, particularly in the country’s post-election events, of which the British media played a leading role, would lead to the loss of the university’s scientific prestige and academic goals."
- New report on repression of academics in Iran
- An Arrest in Iran
- A new era of U.S.-Iranian educational exchange?
- A Scholar Detained
- Keeping Connected With Iran
- The Path of Respectful Engagement
- U. of Texas Grad Student on Trial in Iran
- UMass will not admit Iranian students to certain science and engineering programs
Search for Jobs