The University of Toronto is the latest institution to be discussing the meanings of and hurt associated with blackface. Maclean's reported that the university had a town hall discussion following word that some students dressed for Halloween as "the Jamaican Bobsled Team," darkening their faces. While the students maintained that they were not trying to be offensive, members of the Black Students' Association said that blackface is inherently offensive.
- Will Photo Haunt Penn President?
- Rising Up Against Rankings
- Quick Takes: Pentagon Withdraws Proposed Restrictions, Fredonia Professor Wins Promotion Fight, Canadian Universities Unite Against Rankings, Bush Signs Technical Education Bill, Stanford Opens Online High School
- Quick Takes: Blackboard-WebCT Merger Faces Antitrust Probe, NCAA Will Investigate Correspondence High Schools, Shimer May Move to Chicago, Blackface at Stetson, Blog Gets Miami Student Booted From Dorm, John Silber Looks Back
- Quick Takes: Obama's Pick for Education Secretary, Pomona Keeps Alma Mater, New Mexico President Defends Salary, Layoffs at Santa Fe, New Loan Plan in New York, Critique of U.S. Privacy Rules, Gross Messages for Students
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories