Sen. Charles Grassley, an Iowa Republican who is a leading critic of conflicts of interest in biomedical research, is focusing on the issue of journal ghostwriting. The New York Times reported that he has written to 10 medical schools, asking about whether they have policies that deal with issues raised by pharmaceutical companies ghostwriting articles that appear under the names of university researchers.
- More Scrutiny on Conflicts of Interest
- Quick Takes: Failure to Report at Harvard, Another Try at Antioch, 2 Accused of Harassment Quit Southwestern, Yale Expands, Immigration Status Limits Tuition Pledge, Knox Loses Appeal on $1M Verdict, Eastern MIch. to Pay $350K, A President-Elect Dies
- Quick Takes: Advice for Obama/McCain, U.S. Poised to Keep Spending Flat, Obama in Effigy at George Fox, Defining the Bishop's Role, Lambuth President Steps Down, NIH Chief to Depart, Equity in Science Prizes, Drug Makers' Payments to Scientists
- Researchers' Financial Disclosures in the Spotlight
- Call for Crackdown on Research Conflicts
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories