The board of Metropolitan State College of Denver has voted to fire Angelina De La Torre, a tenured professor of criminal justice and Chicana/o studies based on incorrect information submitted on her post-tenure review paperwork, INDenver Times reported. De La Torre submitted a report listing a paper as having been published in a journal in 2005, but an investigation found that the paper hadn't been published, and the college cited that in dismissing her. De La Torre, however, said that she never intended to misrepresent anything, and that she made a harmless mistake in not finding out if the article had appeared or in properly recording the issue in which she thought it had appeared. She said she plans to sue the college.
- Bolstering Tenure by Reforming It
- Post-Tenure Reviews Without Due Process
- Colleges try new approaches to post-tenure review
- What does a post-tenure review really mean?
- $600K for Fired Professor
- 'I Could Be Illegal'
- Essay on the need for meaningful post-tenure review
- Ask the Administrator: Post-Tenure Review
Search for Jobs