Jessica Goode, 23, a student at Ferrum College, was shot and killed Tuesday, and another student was shot in the hand, when a hunter mistook the students for deer, The Roanoke Times reported. The students were collecting specimens for a biology class. The hunter has been charged with manslaughter, reckless handling of a firearm and trespassing.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Alabama Southern CC, Assiniboine CC, Bowie State U., Eastern Maine CC, La Sierra U., Rockland CC, U. of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Beer, Brotherhood and Guns
- Crime and Punishment
- 5 Duquesne Basketball Players Shot
- Quick Takes: Drill Terrifies Students, Northern Ill. to Demolish Shooting Site, Security Incidents, Buckley's Legacy, iPhones at Abilene Christian, Colleges Answer Senate Inquiry, NCAA Punishes Lane, Student Press at Montclair, Realism and Obamamania
- Second thoughts atop a ladder.
- No Free Ride
- ABCs and PhDs: Summer Camp for Biologists
Search for Jobs