Northwestern University Press on Thursday announced that it has acquired the publishing assets of Curbstone Press and that as of Jan. 1, it will publish new titles under the Curbstone imprint. Curbstone and Northwestern are both known for publishing literature from around the world in translation. Curbstone's current publishing list includes work by Luis Rodríguez, Martín Espada, Claribel Alegria, Salah Al Hamdani, Ana Castillo, Wayne Karlin, E. Ethelbert Miller, Sergio Ramírez and Jean-Marie Gustave Le Clézio, winner of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Quick Takes: Button Controversy Continues, Le ClÃ©zio Wins Literature Nobel, Censure in Montgomery, President Out at SW Oregon CC, When a Slur Isn't a Slur, Understanding Rankings
- Accreditor will require colleges to stop ignoring adult student retention
- InsideTrack's student coaching proves completion payoff
- Maize Books: Michigan Publishing Sows a New Imprint
- A Holocaust Denier Resurfaces
- Quick Takes: Northwestern Suspends Women's Soccer, Value of Open Access, New Duke Indictment, $50M for UT-Austin, New England Floods, End of the 'Cocktail Party'?
- New Collaboration for Scholarly Publishing
- Don’t Quit Your Day Job
Search for Jobs